Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello Coffee, My Old Friend

My baby girl came down with a fever of 103 yesterday.

Stayed up talking to iKeith until midnight.  I fell asleep while he was showing me notebooking apps for my iPad.

5am....little boy is throwing up.  All I can think about is how I'm going to wash these sheets and comforter when there's a squirrel family living in the laundry room. Squirrel Update Here.

Slept for another hour....dreamt about winning the lottery and buying a house with a yard and a pet fox.

The following is for my friend Impulsive Addict...who was dissing my coffee on the Twitter yesterday.


Hello Coffee, my old friend
I've come to sip with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of Starbucks...

lyrics borrowed from Simon and Garfunkel

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you waff by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were brewed the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your beans
Of golden starlight before they roasted you.

That is why all the girls in town
(Girls in town)
Follow you
(Follow you)
All around
(All around)
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

lyrics borrowed from The Carpenters

12 comments:

  1. Srsly, IA is so weird with her non coffee drinking, right???
    LOL
    Now I have that song stuck in my head.
    I hope your little kiddos get better soon. :(
    Can you go to the laundromat?? Although, that sucks hairy monkey nuts going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I'm gonna get hate mail now. Tell the haters that if I DO get hatemail, I'm sending it over to Viv's new blog dedicated to sharing hate mail for all to make fun of.

    Coffee is the most digusting thing ever (with the exception of calf fries). I'm standing by my statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a big coffee fan, but lately I've been stopping into Dunkin' Donuts in the morning and getting a medium cup with skim milk (and five splendas) and I can see the appeal. It definitely helps wake me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe your kids are sick again!

    I love coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally singing to the choir here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the kiddos get better fast!

    I cant go without coffee...Im doing the world a favor with every sip

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so needed coffee yesterday too. My two cherubs both had high fevers and horrible coughs. Z was up for the day at 4:40am and we gave up TV this week. It has been HELL! Hang in there, I hope they are both feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was Awesome and I don't even like coffee.

    Thanks for coming by. I think your Blog name is brilliant and I love the tag line too. Also hope your little ones are feeling better. That is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  9. IA has NO clue what she's missing!!

    I've tried to tell her and sell her on the nectar of the Gods, aka coffee, but she won't hear of it.

    She buys hot chocolate when we go to Starbucks...and claims she can "taste" coffee! She's so delusional.

    Love the songs!

    Sorry the kiddos are sick! Hope they're better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you have sickness in your house AGAIN!

    Push it out of the house and slam the door in it's face!

    I'm with IA - coffee is nasty, I don't even like the smell of it. I used to work for Harry and David and we'd have to ground up coffee beans for people, I always felt like I was breating in the dust and my lungs were being coated with ground coffee. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had a cup of coffee in my life, but your coffee is my diet coke so I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IS it weird that I was singing the song perfectly w/o knowing it was S & G???????

    I think that's weird.

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!