10 Things to Smile About in December
1. Keith and I had the best time at the Double Encore Winter Party. As you recall....I sang with the band. Well....Keith did too. He came up at the end and completely pushed me out of the way and sang Shorty like he owned the place. I love this picture because it shows Keith's true personality! And his Bob Dole hand.
2. My other favorite part of that party was dancing with my husband. A Great Big World sings a song called We Are that was so very special to us when we were waiting to hear if we won the school lottery. We loved dancing to this song!
3. Mallory at The Nutcracker during intermission doing her best Mommy impression. This girl is the light of my life. Not a day goes by that she doesn't make me smile and laugh!
4. I was thrilled to find a future knitting project on Pinterest. I think this would be great for me and Heather to wear to PTA meetings. Anyone have a belly chain I can borrow?
5. On our way home from The Nutcracker we came across this horse drawn carriage completely covered in lights! It was in our friends' neighborhood and took us by surprise. We pulled over and waited for it to pass us. So fun!
6. Going to our favorite bakery in Old Town Arvada and picking out our Christmas Day dessert and some cookies for our German Christmas. It's a tradition every year and I look forward to it so much!
8. Mallory had so much fun with the bag that her gift from Uncle Robert came in, that we laughed and laughed. She and her brother turned it into a little skit and it got me all excited that they might perform in a school play someday. Besides this bag....Mallory's favorite give came from her Uncle Andrew. Ten one dollar bills.
10. Alex was invited to a mid-break playdate at a jumpy place. I loved watching him run around with his friends and I got to meet a couple Moms that hadn't crossed my path yet. I love that the kids are making their own friends now and becoming little people.
|He's not a giant...he's just 6.|
December was such a great month! It was actually really tough to narrow it down to just 10 things.
I hope January is just as joyful!