Friday, January 4, 2013

Ten Things To Smile About....December

I have so many awesome friends in blog land.  Emmy Mom is a real life friend....I met her in California and she likes to help me remember all the awesome things that happened during a month.  This is really going to be help for my SMASHBOOK challenge.



10 Things to Smile About in December

1. Keith and I had the best time at the Double Encore Winter Party.  As you recall....I sang with the band.  Well....Keith did too.  He came up at the end and completely pushed me out of the way and sang Shorty like he owned the place.  I love this picture because it shows Keith's true personality!  And his Bob Dole hand.



2. My other favorite part of that party was dancing with my husband.  A Great Big World sings a song called We Are that was so very special to us when we were waiting to hear if we won the school lottery.  We loved dancing to this song!


3.  Mallory at The Nutcracker during intermission doing her best Mommy impression.  This girl is the light of my life.  Not a day goes by that she doesn't make me smile and laugh!


4.  I was thrilled to find a future knitting project on Pinterest.  I think this would be great for me and Heather to wear to PTA meetings.  Anyone have a belly chain I can borrow?



5.  On our way home from The Nutcracker we came across this horse drawn carriage completely covered in lights!  It was in our friends' neighborhood and took us by surprise.  We pulled over and waited for it to pass us.  So fun!


6.  Going to our favorite bakery in Old Town Arvada and picking out our Christmas Day dessert and some cookies for our German Christmas.  It's a tradition every year and I look forward to it so much!


7.  Keith surprised me with my favorite perfume for Christmas and he hid it in my stocking.  He first bought this perfume for me in 2004 in Epcot Norway when we were on our honeymoon.  I cried when I unwrapped it.  I smells like love, flowers and a bright future. Love that man!


8.  Mallory had so much fun with the bag that her gift from Uncle Robert came in, that we laughed and laughed.  She and her brother turned it into a little skit and it got me all excited that they might perform in a school play someday.  Besides this bag....Mallory's favorite give came from her Uncle Andrew.  Ten one dollar bills.  


9.  My last Margarita of 2012 made me smile because it was so freakin good and it came with an amazing meal.


10.   Alex was invited to a mid-break playdate at a jumpy place.  I loved watching him run around with  his friends and I got to meet a couple Moms that hadn't crossed my path yet.  I love that the kids are making their own friends now and becoming little people.

He's not a giant...he's just 6.

December was such a great month!  It was actually really tough to narrow it down to just 10 things.  

I hope January is just as joyful!

7 comments:

  1. If you knit that ensemble to wear to PTA meetings, I will totally gift you a belly chain. And I don't know Heather, but I would hate for such incredible fashion sense to go unaccessorized, so I'd even throw one in for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I've never had a margarita. Some people say they're awesome, others say they aren't. I believe you'd be in the awesome category :). Also I wanna ride on a horse drawn sleigh/wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Loved your list! Plus these lists make the recap posts at the end of the year easier too :) Those outfits-- too funny I can't even imagine wearing something like that. Still so so awesome that you got to go up on stage and sing- sounds like it was such a fun work party, my husband's was much more low-key. Lucas is older for his grade and super tall so he looks like that compared to a lot of his classmates too.
    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that sleigh! and the margarita looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is a great list! :D It made me smile. And your little girl is so flippin' adorable! :D LOVE the mommy impression....priceless, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a beautiful December! LOVE that carriage!!! And your darling mini-me!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!