Thursday, January 10, 2013

How Have I Changed?

5.) Find a photo of yourself from 10 years ago and display it on your blog along with a current photo. How have you changed since the day this photo was taken?


This girl....is so strong!  She survived a troubled past and started a brand new amazing life in the big city. She has her own apartment and runs (kind of) several times a week on a beautiful trail in Littleton Colorado.  She enjoys having salads for dinner and a glass of wine in front of the TV.  She has a few friends that she goes out with, her best friend is a bitch and she loves the Denver Broncos. She drinks beer. 

Her job is going well and she enjoys the company of several men that she's met on dating websites.  She has just met the father of her children and she called him the day this picture was taken to see if she could stop by his little shit-hole of an apartment but he was busy watching Deep Space Nine or something like that.

She really wants to have children someday and is pretty confident that it's going to happen because she made a list.  She believes in karma and telling the universe what you want, what you really really want. Her biological clock is ticking.

This girl dreams big and is passionate!  You'd better not stand in her way or you'll get knocked down.  She thinks her luck is about to change.


This girl is.....a woman now.  She's married to the man that argues with her constantly love of her life and she has two beautiful children.  As she sits in her tiny apartment, surrounded by legos....she misses her old house with the stairs and the yard.  Then she realizes that she doesn't have to spend hours cleaning and can watch the Real Housewives instead. She is always on a diet and drinks wine at night, in front of the TV while her husband is engrossed in his iPad.  She has great friends and belongs to the PTA.  She's in a book club.

She loves to travel, read and knit.  She volunteers at school like it's her job and enjoys spending time with her family.  They are huge Bronco Fans and her husband has season tickets.  On the few date nights with her husband she loves dressing up and going to the theatre. She's a foodie and likes trying new things. 

This Mama dreams big and is passionate!  You'd better not stand in her way or you'll get knocked down....but then, she'll help you back up and talk you into whatever it is she's got up her sleeve.  She feels like the luckiest woman in the world!

19 comments:

  1. This post... it made me smile. It gives me hope. I see a lot of myself in that 10-years-ago-you. I'm feeling like my luck is about to change...

    I hope in 10 years I can say that I feel like the luckiest woman in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Jill! You are me 10 years ago. It will happen!!

      Delete
  2. I met my hubby about 10 years ago too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hair in both pics, but like today's even better! It's amazing the changes (not only physical) that can happen in 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. How fun! You look a lot like your sister in the 10 year ago pic. Right??? I remember being in my early 20's thinking I had to get my life moving because I expected to be at certain stages. So glad I didn't push too hard back then because sometimes some things are just worth the wait! I love my life, my family & even though it didn't happen at the time I thought it would I wouldn't change it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love how you've grown over the years.


    Also, I don't know if it's just me but the words in the post are highlighted red. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this. I suspect the Connie of 10 years ago and I would have gotten along famously.

    You know, like the Connie of today and I do!

    I'm going to do this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, my favorite was "is pretty confident that it's going to happen because she made a list"--if it's on a list it has to happen. I bet you even prefer notepads with lines, like me, kindred spirits we are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! I have to say I prefer you not a blonde, but we usually tend to like the person better the way they looked when we first met them.

    I may have to search for a picture that's 10 years old...finding the courage to post it may be a tougher task!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I love the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post - the blonde is so fun, but I like your color now too. You have aged well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Changes and consistencies. What a lovely authentic post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this made me smile thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post!!
    And. Did the you from 10 years ago like Spice Girls by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is this! And you totally pulled off the blonde thing! I don't think I could ever do it. 10 years ago I was already married! That is crazy to think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I like both Connie's. She's pretty awesome no matter what her haircolor is. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! And the blonde hair was totally cute on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at you! You have the prettiest and most sincere smile. The Connies (both of them) rock out loud! I love posts like this when you really get to know your blogging buddies!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!