Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Why I love 80's Music

So I was driving home from Wal-Mart on Sunday morning, listening to the radio. I like to listen to Movin 100.7 because they play Top 40 and some older stuff. It is usually great music to cruise around kidless with.

This song came on....and I was into it. It had some sexy music and I was swaying in my seat and then the guy started to sing. He said that he wanted to make love. I was all, cool...he wants to make love, that is so nice. And then he said he wanted to do it in the club. In the club? I'm thinking to myself....ewww!

So I called up my super cool younger sister Bobbi and I said....what is up with this song about a guy wanting to make love in the club. Oh yes, she says. That is Usher. I am still confused. She explains that there are lots of clubs where people make love.

Seriously? People are making love in the club? Out in the open?

I asked Bobbi a very important question. I asked her....

WHAT ABOUT THE GLOVE!!!

Something tells me that they are not using a glove when they make love in the club. And um, what about Ushers LOVE getting all over stuff. Because in the lyrics he says....On the couch, on the table, on the bar, on the floor I'm starting to feel sick. Be careful where you walk and sit in the club!

Oh, and upon further inspection of the lyrics...he wants to buy her a bunch of drinks first and then bag her like groceries.


And then it is official. I am too old for Top 40 music and I will stay with my golden oldies. The songs I grew up with and that don't make me sick to my stomach.

There's things that you guess
And things that you know
There's boys that you can trust
And girls that you don't
There's little things you hide
And little things that you show
Sometimes you think you're gonna get it
But you don't and that's just the way it goes

I swear I won't tease you
Won't tell you no lies
I don't need no bible
Just look in my eyes
I've waited so long baby
Now that we're friends
Every man's got his patience
And here's where my ends

I want your sex
I want you
I want your.....sex

5 comments:

  1. The club, huh? Guess I don't get out much these days, well to the Club anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick and Ick and an Ewww haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I was listening to this song kidless in the car yesterday too! I was singing along with it because I knew the words. Then I thought to myself what I was really singing and was sooo confused! Who "loves" in the club?!?! G R O S S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in third grade or so I bragged to my mom that I'd memorized all the words to an awesome new song called "Like a Virgin." She took my radio away and I had no idea why. Seems innocent compared to Usher, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!