Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Photography School

I'm not good at going to school. I didn't mind it when I was a kid, I mostly liked getting new clothes and school supplies....I love school supplies!

Four weeks ago I signed up for an online photography class at www.betterphoto.com so that I could learn to use my Canon Rebel XTi camera and take better pictures. The camera does a great job in Auto Mode but I wanted to be able to really use all of the functions. I highly recommend taking a class. I have learned so much!

Week One ~ Color & Exposure Practice



f/5

f/10


Week Two ~ Basis Zone Modes


Portrait


Freezing Action Shot....This was Photo of the WEEK!!


Week Three ~ Creative Options


I was really proud of both of these....

The light here was perfect!


Week Four ~ Personal Best

Take everything I have learned and shoot two great pictures. However, we had a theme. One had to be RED and one had to be HAPPY.

RED....This is Calvin's favorite photo. There is some red in the horse....



HAPPY...

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! I should totally do this since I'm the official family photographer. A very scary thought if you've seen my work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is great and it doesn't hurt that you have beautiful subjects. ;)

    I am so jealous of your great shots. I just took some photos at the pool and they would have been priceless if I actually knew what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are doing awesome girl!! I adore the swing one that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun. I was given a new camera for mother's day and I've been taking a lot of crappy pictures, it's bumming me out. Maybe I need to try a class.

    My hubby gave me a starbuck's gift card today and I thought of you. Wish we could meet up and I could treat you!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!