Sunday, July 27, 2008

Easy Like A Sunday Morning

I enjoy going to the movies and knowing what movies are coming out and seeing old movies that I've never seen before and finding new movies that I love.

I absolutely love to curl up on the couch with a blanket and some wine and watch a great movie. Unfortunately....this doesn't happen as much as it used to. I'm lucky if I see one movie a week because of caring for my lovely children, housework, watching soap opera's, eating bon bons and playing World of Warcraft with my husband.

But this morning...I think I discovered the perfect time to carve away some time for ME. This morning my brain woke me up at 6:15am like it always does. And I laid there thinking....what am I going to do now?

I decided that instead of pulling weeds in the flower bed or doing a load of laundry, I would watch the movie that I downloaded from Apple TV on Saturday night.

I made my coffee, got my bowl of cereal and turned my movie on. It was great! I was able to watch Definitely, Maybe without any interruptions and I drank a half a pot of coffee. I can't believe that I haven't thought of this before!

I think this will be my weekly routine. Mommies have to take their time whenever they can!

By the way....Definitely, Maybe....is a great movie. I loved it! I had high hopes for it since it is made by the same folks that created Notting Hill and Love Actually....and they didn't disappoint me. And now I want to read the book Jane Eyre. I liked it for another reason that you may find completely odd. Much of the movie takes place during the 1992 Presidential race. This would be the year of President Bill Clinton, and his campaign is featured in the movie. I love Bill Clinton. I don't know what it is about him....but I find him to be kind of sexy. There I said it. I don't know why, but I....find him attractive. My husband even proposed to me in front of him at a wax museum because he knew I liked him. I think he was trying to make Bill jealous. But you see the problem is.....I'm a card carrying, red state living, pearl necklace wearing Republican! {hangs head & clutches pearls in shame}

So this brings me to TWO questions.

What do you do to take time for yourself.....and who do you have a crush on that you shouldn't?

I have decided to keep track of the Movies that I watch during my special Sunday Morning time.....

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** 

Definately, Maybe...Love this one!
Roman Holiday....very good!
Atonement....Great Movie!



8 comments:

  1. I put my kids to bed at 7pm every single night. Ah, three hours of quiet time. Probably won't work forever, but I'm going with it while it does! I'll have to rent that movie - I adore Notting Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! DH and I watched "Definitely, Maybe" last night for our date night! I loved it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run. It clears my head. Saturday I ran with a friend, nothing like 5 1/2 miles with some grown up convo without kids screaming for something. It was bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yeah, I don't think Clinton and Sexy should belong in the same sentence! Hahaha. I think I may have to try that movie idea! I LOVE my alone time in the morning. I want to see that movie now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, my crush is on Joshs old boss. He was older, and had a mustache...not my type at all, must be a power thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so short on time and cant wait to get back and actually sit and read your blog instead of skimming. But I do adore your new header! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I hadn't even read this post and I did a very similar thing today! That is too funny- great minds think alike, I suppose! I have never meet Bill, but I hear that he really just kind of sucks you in, when in person. Must be his southern charm!

    I watched Martha one day when he was on and I SWEAR she was in LOVE! She was blushing and giggling and clearly has a crush on him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay.....Martha needs to BACK OFF!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!