Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blogger's Block and a Family Journal


Do you ever feel like you've run out of things to blog about? I don't know about you but sometimes there is nothing going on in my life besides diapers and making peanut butter sandwiches.  These are the times that  I usually post about memories or stories from the past and it turns into therapy...which I desperately need sometimes.  I have a solution for these times.....

I met a great gal in Las Vegas when I was at SITScation. Her name is Cynthia and she's so creative! She takes beautiful pictures and she loves to dance. Cynthia just came up with this fabulous list of 510 blog prompts that she calls Jump Starts and I'm so excited about it. Not only can these be used to give you blog post ideas but you can also use these for your private journal where you record your thoughts and feelings. I can't wait to get started. A copy of this list costs less than a Starbuck's Latte! Click HERE for more info.

Speaking of journaling.... A few days ago, I decided to start a family journal with a sketch book that I had in my bookshelf.  Each day, I'm writing a few lines about what we did that day. I'm also going to use some of Cynthia's prompts and write about my family.  I think this is going to be a great thing to look back on when the kids are older and it takes just a few minutes to do. In the back couple pages, I've taped some inspirational pictures that I've cut out of magazines for decorating the kids rooms.  And I'm  adding quotes to the bottom of the pages when I come across them....my favorite one this week is this:

Love your children as if you won't have them tomorrow, and train them as if they won't have you. 



I hope you're having a blessed day!

21 comments:

  1. That quote got me teary....how beautiful! I love your journal idea...I have many started journals but the most complete journal I own is my blog. Someday I am going to have to turn it into a book :) BTW..you have the neatest handwriting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you print so neat. Yeah, I have many days where I haven't got anything good to say. That's why I had a survey planned for today's post, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger's block is the story of my life! LOL
    Gees, I would journal if I had as nice of hand printing as you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great quote.

    I understand the blogger's block syndrome. Those days make me feel really really bored with my life. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a great quote.

    And yes, I am totally feeling a little bit of blogger's block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the journal idea. I am just starting to keep one for each of my kids, but I plan on getting a family one going too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT is a great quote - I love it. And where do you get the patience to write so neatly?! Jump starts are a great idea! I'll have to heck that out. Sometimes I'll just get the camera out and take pictures - that helps prompt a post now and then. You are such a thoughtful mama, I wish we could have coffee and talk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to keep journals too, I have tons of them, and should write in one too! Although I guess that kind of is what my blog is...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great Connie! I am terrible at journaling. I really need to get better!

    I am excited to check out those prompts :)

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the journal idea. I bought a journal for each one of my girls that I wanted to write little things to them or about them in each one and I haven't done a single page yet...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous quote! Thanks for sharing it!

    A couple of my favorite bloggers have an uncanny knack for making the "everyday" stuff so hilarious. Unfortunately, I don't have that knack- which is partially why I blog so sporadically.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quote, except I think it's going to give me mommy-block. (Too much pressure) That journal sounds terrific, but it's all I can do to get things down via the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the kind words. Your opinion means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a beautiful quote, and a wonderful way to start journaling.
    I have journaled for quite a while, my therapist suggested it after I was assaulted and began suffering from PTSD, it really does help.
    I was hoping that the Jump Starts ideas would be free as we ladies in the blogging community should really try to help one another, but I do understand if she needs to make a little extra money, I guess. Maybe I'm just a little grumpy.... Sorry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome idea - the journal. I am always afraid I am going to forget everything about them when they are bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Easily I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blog as for me. It would be great to read something more concerning this topic. Thanx for sharing this data.

    ReplyDelete
  19. After reading you blog, I thought your articles is great! I am very like your articles and I am very interested in the field of Free trial. Your blog is very useful for me .I bookmarked your blog! I trust you will behave better from now on; I hope she understands that she cannot exepct a raise.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Free information about penis enlargement products, how it works, price of products, top products, and review of penis products. Visit http://www.buypenisenlargement.com
    - male enhancement

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!