Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August: Fun Extravaganza ~ Day Six


What can I say about the letter F. We love to have Fun, Fire is hot, Daddy loves Football, Aunt Bobbie's horse is going to have a Foal and don't forget about Grandpa Fred!

I got Fabulous news today. My internet Friend Denise, of Eat, Play, Love read my post about being disappointed.....she lives in Colorado and she informed me that my favorite restaurant, Maharaja was alive and well in Boulder! I was so happy! Thank goodness Denise reads my blog!

Mallory had her 15 Month Well Baby Check today. I think she thought we were doing something special together. She was so happy in the waiting room with my undivided attention.

Her appointment went well, she is 22.4 lbs and 29 inches tall. We got bad news though...Dr Church says no more bottles. We tried to argue that Suri still uses a bottle, but he didn't know who we were talking about. Mallory expressed some interest in converting to Scientology if she could keep her bottle. She was cracking me up.....she was fascinated with something she saw in the office and kept asking me, was tat!



Here it is:


Sweetie, that is called a tel-e-phone. It is connected to this thing called a landline. We don't have one at our house and we haven't had one with a cord on it in many years. Your Daddy did own one when I met him but 1985 called and they wanted their phone back.

We had two activities today! In the morning, we made Mini Oatmeal Muffins (Fuffins) and we had Peaches and Cream milk that both kids rejected.

Faffee & Fuffins






After dinner, we went to Zeppes in Ogden and had Italian Ice and Frozen Custard! Me and Mal love the twist custard! This is going to be a weekly treat for us, because it is the perfect end to a hot Utah day.
And I can't resist the num, num noises that they make when they eat it!







Oatmeal Muffins

1 cup old fashioned rolled Oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup all-purpose flour 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 cup dried cranberries or currents or fresh blueberries

** ** ** ** ** ** ** 
In a large bowl, mix together the oats and buttermilk and let stand for 1 hour. In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Preheat over to 400 degrees and grease 12 muffin tins or 24 mini muffins Stir the egg, sugar, butter and applesauce into the oats. Add the flour mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the fruit. Fill muffin cups. Bake until golden brown.....20 minutes for regular sized muffins and 15 minutes for mini.

3 comments:

  1. was tat!!! That story is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the blog train :) I love that picture of Mallory. Her eyes are so beautiful!

    That's so funny that she didn't know what the land line was. We actually have a black wall phone in our kitchen so my daughter does know but I can imagine there are lots out there that have never seen one. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!