Friday, August 1, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

It is no secret how I feel about Utah. I even started a blog about trying to Escape. It needs updating because things have changed. I have been thinking for several weeks that I need to find a way to deal with living here since it seems like that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Then today I read this blog entry at Steve Olson's blog about the obstacles between ME and Happiness.

I have found my answer. Instead of dwelling on everything that I hate about Utah, I need to find things to like about it and be grateful for them. This is going to be quite a challenge. Really the only thing I can come up with off from the top of my head is that it is really beautiful here.

I love a good challenge so here I go. Changing my attitude, finding things to like about Utah and learning to like it here.

The List

  1. Beautiful Mountains
  2. Cafe Sabor in Logan Utah
  3. IKEA in Draper Utah
  4. Tony Caputo's Market in SLC
  5. My beautiful friend Monica in Brigham City!
  6. My new Mommy friends, Sara and Shannon!
  7. My friend Loralee
  8. Pickleville Playhouse in Bear Lake

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved around as a kid, since my dad was in the military, and we learned to play game where we came up with all the good things we could think up about the new place.

    It helped us quite a bit, but there's still a lot of adjusting!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! Off to read the article...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a great perspective to have. Quite often it's easy to feel negative, but I have to admit, IKEA alone is a fabulous perk to where you live. Oh and that Market sounds divine...(I'm an italian girl dreaming of bakeries and delis from my hometown).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, IKEA is a fabulous good point. I visit the one in Atlanta every time we go to visit my parents. Great attitude, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!