Thursday, December 16, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Week 3

Countdown to Christmas


Welcome to week three of the Countdown to Christmas and Elfcapades 2010! I can't believe that there are only 9 days until Christmas can you? We still haven't gotten any snow in Denver and the other day when I was wrapped presents...I had all of the doors and windows open.

I forgot to share this picture last week....after the Blue Man Group we drove past the Denver City and County Building to see their lights.  It's kind of amazing!

City and County Building
 Friday night, after much negotiation...we left the kids with Nana and went Christmas Shopping.  But first we needed a little shopping fuel. 

i like beer

The problem with having drinks before Christmas Shopping is that you buy a whole bunch of stuff and then you end up at Starbucks at 9pm and Malbec and Caramel Brullee Latte ( my new favorite drink!) don't really go together.   And you say things out loud that you really shouldn't say.

OMG LOOK AT HIS HAIR!
This week the elves were very busy and the candy thievery was way down.  A lesson was learned when day 13 came around and there was only one piece of candy in the box and someone didn't get one.  

The elves decided to give themselves the morning off and brought a craft project for the kids to do.  It was a big hit and then they wrapped them in my dish towels and put them under the tree for Daddy.  My kids are such givers!

crafts
Will someone get me a hair cut please
One night the elves got all tangled in the Christmas lights and Mallory got really mad at them.  I think if I'd let her...she'd have put them on the naughty spot!  

Last night, they built a tent and left a note that said it's Jammie Day!!  There will hot chocolate, cookies and Christmas movies all day long! WOOT!

In case you missed my post on Tuesday about my neighbors'  interesting Christmas Decor....we've now been invited to a Christmas Party at the clubhouse.


ELVIS?  Really?
Have a great week! 


Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

9 comments:

  1. Well thank goodness the little candy thieves, er thief, has learned a lesson ;) It looks like you've had a busy week. And I can't believe I missed the neighbor decorations post! Flying pig . . . not sure how that fits in, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can't wait to hear about your party!! With Elvis!!!
    LOL
    Also, see, I say things that I shouldn't when I HAVEN'T partaken in libations. <-- that sounds so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elvis?! Well it'll be a blue Christmas if you don't go.

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the things you've elvis...err I mean elves have been up to at your house this year.

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm of the mind that people who do their hair like that WANT other people to look at them and expect comments, so no harm done - mixed drinks or not. :-)
    I think it's adorable that the kids gave Daddy their crafts, I bet he adored the gifts. You are definitely teaching them all the right things. You just made my heart smile.
    Can I come over for Jammie Day? That sounds like a whole lot of fun! Love this JibJab video, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your elves have been busy :) I love the jammie day....maybe I can work that in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously how can you NOT say anything about that hair?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elvis and Santa...how did that go?

    I love hearing about the Elves. I'm thinking we MUST get one for next year.

    Love the JibJab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell me that Elvis was a typo for Elves... Otherwise, I'm left trying to guess the name of your apartment complex...?

    Deliverance Creek Village?
    Pink Flamingo Gardens?
    Cheese Puff Villas?

    (I love that the Elves leave your kids crafts to do and build forts for them and plan their day of fun-filled merriment. Please send them over to entertain Grant when you're done, OK?)

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!