Friday, December 10, 2010

Blue Christmas

Two months ago, iKeith and I decided that the kids were old enough to see a theater performance.  I've been waiting for this day for so long and vividly remember sitting in the Buell Theater 8 months pregnant and dreaming about the day we'd be there with our family!

The Blue Man Group would be our first performance as a family!  



20090409_Orlando_Blue_Man_Group_0063

The kids have been excited...asking almost every day if it was time to see The Blue Heads.  And then they were confused by the MEGAMIND movie and thought he was a part of the The Blue Heads. 

Finally...it was time and we dressed up and headed downtown.  It was Kid's Night on Broadway so there were activities for the kids before the show but my kids were just interested in sitting at the bar on the top level and looking out into the parking garage.

We are very excited!

Too Much Hot Chocolate

The show was very loud. Probably too loud for Mallory who is very sensitive to noise...except when she is making it.  She spent the majority of the show on my lap with my giant Victoria Secret enhanced boobs covering her ears.  I was to the point if she yelled, 'I WANT TO GO HOME!' one more time I was going to take my bra off and wrap it around her head.

Alex thought it was the greatest thing he's ever seen and can't wait to go again.  He thinks they come to Denver every single Christmas.  He was so excited that he made me buy Captain Crunch (which they are calling CRAPtain Crunch for some reason) and told the nice lady at Wal Mart all about the show.

Mommy and Daddy....loved it!  We really liked how they got the audience excited by having us read these prompters out loud.  It's a high energy show and just the expressions on their faces make you laugh.  My abs still hurt from all the laughing. And I now have a craving for Twinkies!

My kids made a short video for you this morning....and Mallory has mostly forgotten that she left the theater crying.  Apparently, seeing the Big Blue Heads is a lot like labor...you forget the pain by the next day.






Come back Tuesday when I'll be explaining why (with pictures) I won't be entering the apartment decorating contest in my complex.

Photo Credit

11 comments:

  1. They are SO adorable. I love their review of the Blue Heads. :) I was LOLing when you said they had them mixed up with Megamind. Isaiah would too. We love going to the theater. Isaiah's first performance he ever went to was 3 years ago and we went and saw the Nutcracker ballet. He's been nuts over Nutcrackers every since! His favorite so far has been The Wizard of Oz. We saw it last year. I'm hoping to go to The Beauty and the Beast while it's here next year. We used to have season tickets, but let them go because we weren't always able to attend every show. Seemed like a waste of money, but sometimes it's worth it for the harder to get tickets! Might have to reconsider that one.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they're so CUTE! Glad you had a good time, minus all the noise. And I cannot wait for your explanation on sitting out of the apartment decorating. Especially when it involves pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so cute. Loved the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds like a lot of fun!

    Get a pair of ear muffs for M. My nephew has a pair for the movie theatre as he is sensitive to noise as well.

    I will be back to see why you are not entering the decorating contest. You are so crafty I cannot imagine you not winning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just tell you that your kids did a better job than most "professional" critics...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They did a GREAT JOB!!! So cute.
    I want to see that show so bad!
    We went to Vegas in 2000 and stayed at The Luxor and they were starring there, but they were brand new and we didn't know anything about em so we didn't do it. I wish we would have!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, Megamind would probably fit right in with that group. Glad almost all of you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I am sure Z would be just like Mallory, he can't take loud noises either. Maybe they should go and get married and live a very quiet life somewhere ;)

    loved your card! it took me a second when I saw the names though ;) I know they are code but I expected to see the blog names as always...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate. I remember being pregnant and not being able to wait until the boys were old enough to do the same. Hasn't happened yet, but soon.

    Love the part about your daughter using your boobs as noise reducers. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just too cute! I like how you described it as labor, Mallory forgetting how much she hated it the next day. Plus her using your "Victoria Secret enhanced" boobies for sound protection - I almost spit my iced tea at my computer. I just love how you write!
    Thanks for the review, I really want to see them and have NO excuse (except $$$) because they are at Downtown Disney all the time.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We took Baby Girl and her BFF to see Beauty and the Beast. Oh the look on her little face. It was magical.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!