Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sixth of the Sixth

My friend Jen at Coconut Belly tagged me for a fun meme. The rules are to choose the sixth photo from your sixth album and post it with a brief description and/or the story behind it. I don't have photo albums but I do like to group my photos into albums on iPhoto. My sixth album is titled Labor Day 2006 and this is the sixth picture.


This is me and Alex just minutes after he was born. And is one of the happiest days of my life....April 20 2006! When they laid him in my arms and I saw his beautiful face I just broke down crying. I had wanted to be a Mother since I was a little girl. While my little sister was playing Veterinarian....I was playing house. I was 35 years old when Alex was born and after years of being in the wrong relationships, I had thought my dream might never come true. Then fate brought me and my soulmate together and all of my dreams came true! This picture always makes me cry....I can remember the feeling of giving birth for the first time like it was yesterday. The feelings, the love and the promise of an incredible future. The little boy that lights up my life and makes me so happy that water falls out of my face.

Okay! Now I get to tag 6 sensational ladies!

The Texas Mama
Csquaredplus3
Adventures of a Texas Blonde
Junior Mints & Reeses
It's Shanna...Like Banana
Tatertots and Jello

12 comments:

  1. and not to mention...
    what an awesome picture to have pop up as the sixth!
    look at that baby face. yummy.
    i really need another baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! You look so happy. Neat.

    Thanks for the tag. I'm an organized person EXCEPT when it comes to pictures. I'll have to find the "sixth" pile and sift down from there.

    I'd love another baby, if I wasn't so old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture! Awesome moment in life. It is amazing the love that was born to you that day. I bet you could have never imagined the feelings you have for your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture, Connie!! There is nothing like the feeling of holding your first born.

    Thanks for the tag, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photo! That really is the most amazing feeling when you hold them for the first time in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that the random pic was so meaningful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me get teary eyed with that post.

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie --

    I love your picture and the story behind it. You are a great mom -- it's so easy to see from what you write about your kids. Thanks for the tag! I am out of town for the next week or so but I will post about it as soon as I get back next week! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Your face says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, you made me tear up a bit. We should have another baby together, well not together but at the same time...haha...gulp...did I just say that?

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!