Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I held a baby and I liked it!

My friend Sara asked me to do her a huge favor. She asked me to watch her 6 month old baby girl. I thought about it for half a second and said, 'You betcha'!

It is no secret that I want another baby. Within weeks of Mallory's birth I knew that I didn't feel done. I'm told that lots of women feel this way. That you either feel your family is complete at some point or.....you just don't.

I had Calvin talked into having another for about a day and a half. Then people told him he was too old and crazy. He has been against it ever since. I have tried to talk myself out of it. I really have. I tell myself that I don't have a big enough vehicle for three carseats, right now the children each have their own room, most tables are built for four, hotel rooms are built for four, airplanes are built for three...wait that doesn't work. I wouldn't have the freedom that I have now...which isn't saying much because I rarely go anywhere anyway....but leaving three kids home alone with Daddy is a little different than leaving him with two. There are two of us and two of them.

Then there are those silly Volkswagen commercials where Brooke Shields accuses people of having babies for german engineering. Here is my favorite one.



I have tried to convince myself that two is enough for me. That I don't NEED another baby.

But then, today when I held Sophie in my arms and smelled her little head......

It was heaven!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I know! I love the smell of babies. I miss having a baby. It took my 5 years to talk my husband into our last child -- but she brings the most joy. I can't imagine not having her in our family. Now I have to settle for borrowing my friends' babies. It's almost as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'you betcha' LOL! Little babies are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, smelling a baby is heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling...that is why I have four...lol..but we are done done done....love babies but four is enough...still love holding other people's babies tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh. you had my sophie.
    you are so lucky.
    you have absolutely no idea how JEALOUS of you, i am.
    but, i'm still tagging you for this photo meme at my blog.

    http://coconutbelly.blogspot.com/2008/10/sixth-of-sixth.html

    you thought you had gotten away with just a comment...but i had forgotten to add my tags before hitting enter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny. I was sooooo done with two! And then it became very clear to me that we were missing a little boy! I got rid of the girl clothes and even bought boy clothes. AND THEN got pregnant. I knew it was a boy, I didn't even need the ultrasound to tell me. And NOW for sure I am done! Ha.

    I love the piglet quote above btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those commercials!

    Don't tell mom and dad but when I hold a baby, my clock starts ticking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So completely and totally get this.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!