During the last month, I have been VERY busy. I bought our Christmas Cards, I purchased (and returned) and re-purchased Christmas Outfits for the kids. I located and bought a couple more Christmas presents AND my Christmas Pajamas. You will now find plenty of Christmas items in the stores and Disney/Nickelodeon/Noggin are starting to play toy commercials.
Christmas in October: Things to Do!
- Decide on treats to make (carried over from last month)
- Purchase most Christmas Presents....small items for baskets.
- Make list of ingredients for Goodies, start buying.
- Purchase the kid's Christmas Pajamas.
- Start Holiday Letter outline.
- Find and purchase Elves...start notebook of things they are going to do.
- Go through Christmas Card List...decide who is getting cards this year.
- Take Christmas picture of the kids to put in the cards. Order photos.
Wow! I have a lot of work to do....I better get busy!
The Crate and Barrel catalog came in the mail yesterday! I found something that I have to have....a Silver Serving Stand! And if you are looking for a bag of coal you will find it there.
This month....it is also time to plan your Thanksgiving Meal and start putting the ingredients on your shopping list. Buying a little during each grocery trip to spread the cost out over the month. I am adding two new recipes this year. Big Martha's Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese and Woven Breadstick Wreaths. The Wreaths are featured in Martha Stewart Living November 2008.
I am so excited for this year's feel good Christmas movie featuring Vince Vaughn! It is called Four Christmases and it looks so hilarious! It starts November 26th....here is the movie trailer!
Come back on Monday for my GIVEAWAY!