Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Quiet Christmas Morning...In the Colorado Snow

Mama Kat's got some great writing prompts this week and this one really called to me:

Describe how you would celebrate the holidays if it was totally up to you and money was not a factor.

I have always had a dream of spending Christmas in a cabin in the mountains. I'm not really sure why because I'm not a skier but I suppose it's possible that growing up in Colorado may have something to do with it.  Here's my dream cabin in the mountains.....

 

And here is where I will sit next to the fire, drinking my coffee in the morning while reading the lastest Jen Lancaster book.

 

Later in the afternoon, when the sun has come up...I will sit here with my glass of Pinot or a warm mug
 of hot chocolate.  I'll bring a quilt that I made myself and the sun will warm my face.




And at night after the kids are duct taped tucked in their beds, Calvin and I will come outside to the fire and drink Irish Coffee and snuggle under a big wool blanket and make smores.






What a wonderful dream....I hope I can make it come true someday.  What's your dream Christmas destination?









Did you see my Cook from the Book Challenge this week?  It was yummy!

17 comments:

  1. That would be so fun! I would love to get away from everything and spend Christmas with my family. It would be great if there were no phones too!

    Did you see that funny Twilight post that Jen Lancaster had on her website. So funny!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Connie, me too. I have deeo cravings for snow and liquor. Or liquor and snow tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um? Can I come and spend Christmas with you. That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm thinking this would be perfect for a girls getaway...no kids!

    Everyone's invited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look wonderful! I'd like Christmas to be the same as always (boring I know!), BUT stress free. Now that's an impossible dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to do my writers workshop today.

    I was just visiting from WAY back when i was the SITS fb. HI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in, please! What a beautiful cabin. I've had that same dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best part of that is the peace and calm instead of the insanity of running around doing Everything, for Everyone to blow in one single day. I like your version better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK..can I join you? You just described my dream...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really beautiful. But I hate the snow. And the cold. I say let's all go to a warm tropical isle somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful. The pictures, the post, the idea of it all. I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is from Denver, and I lived there with him for five years...the most memorable Christmas we had there was one spent at a cabin in Keystone....so lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds damn near perfect to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds Heavenly....S and I were just talking about how we want to spend Xmas in a cabin next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Jennifer, I hate the snow and cold (which is why I live in Florida). So if money were no problem, I would want to have my whole family with me on a yacht off the coast of Fiji sailing in the sun in the warm water. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!