Friday, December 11, 2009

Elfcapade 2009: Poe Lives



It's Friday, which means it's time to link up with Liz, check in with Poe and Vincent and see how the Weiss Children have been behaving this week.  As you recall, last week didn't go so well.  The children got into trouble and the elves were called back to The North Pole by Santa.

While I was in Salt Lake City on Saturday, I received word from Santa that the elves would be returning and he sent evidence that Poe had been revived.  It appears he had to call in the big guns.....Mary, Joseph and Edward.



On Sunday, while Mallory struggled with her religious choices....we did more decorating.  The kids really wanted trees for their rooms so off to Joann's I went to find trees and decorations.



 

I think this was probably their favorite thing they've done so far!


Monday,  we went to a Christmas Celebration at the shopping center where Bobbi works.  We enjoyed hot cider, snacks and a carriage ride in the freezing cold.


Tuesday, the elves returned and brought Christmas dishes for the kids.  They were so excited for them to come back and haven't let them out of their sight...which means they can't do or bring anything else.  Mommy needs to learn some sneak techniques for getting them out of bed after the kids have drifted off to sleep.  Mallory also came down with a bug...and was sick for two days.

Wednesday...Elves were in quarantine.....because they didn't get their flu shots.  So I made some Apple Bread.

Thursday, everyone was feeling better and children had been behaving so....we did a craft!  We started out trying to make a Marshmallow Wreath but I wanted to use glue instead of toothpicks because Alex and sharp pointy objects don't really get along.  The marshmallows slid right off.....so we made some ornaments instead.


Alex...painstakingly applying glitter to his ornament.


Have a great week!  Only 13 days until Christmas!!


Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

9 comments:

  1. So glad the Elf's found their way back to your home!

    How cool that the kids have a tree in their room - I think I might have to do that next year!!

    Love your jib-jab!! :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the JibJab stuff! And having their own trees to decorate themselves must be fun. How did they turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Poe is ok! The tree idea is great! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for an update all week, Connie! So glad the elves are back. Has Mallory made ammends with Santa???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Edward is pretty amazing...and so multi-talented! (Adding raising elves from the dead to my list of reasons why I love Edward.) Seems as though the kiddos are taking a liking to the elves! =) You guys had a fun week!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Edward! You crack me up - as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun week! I'm glad you found the trees for their rooms. I bet they had a great time decorating!

    I'm having a linky party on Monday (if I can figure out how to work the linky thing) and would love it if you wanted to link up. You can link to an old post so you don't need to make anything special for it. The theme is homemade gift ideas. And you are so clever and crafty that I wanted people to come over and see all of your awesomeness.

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great week... glad that Poe is back, and that the kids have been behaving! Love all the photos, they look like they are having such a great time getting ready for Christmas, really glad that Mallory is over her crisis of faith.
    Love the JibJab story, you crack me up with those - too funny!!
    Hope the rest of your preparations are just as much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!