Monday, December 7, 2009

Vlog: Connie Escapes

So....I'm switching my vlogs to Monday because I'm going to be doing the Countdown to Christmas with Liz on Fridays.

I had very big plans for Saturday since I rarely get a day out without my kids (and husband).  Without them, I can move about freely and get so much done.  At least that was what I thought was going to happen.

Much to Bobbi's chagrin...I had a packed schedule with little wiggle room.  I didn't account for traffic, lingering over coffee, multiple bathroom breaks and 1000 trees.

We started off at Caffe d'bolla in downtown Salt Lake City. This is where I had the most amazing cup of coffee and something called a Bubble Tea.  You can read all about my fun coffee experience here.


Our next stop was Home Goods and we had a little difficulty getting there because my navigation system *bitchin Betty* was picking on me.  In case you don't remember...I won a $200 gift card from The Inspired Room to make over my bedroom.  We found sooo much great stuff and I can't wait to get started putting it all together and showing it to you.

Next...meeting JenJen from Tattertots and Jello at the Festival of Trees. She is even more beautiful and sweet in person as she is on her blog and I got to meet three of her four kids too.  We had a great time looking at all of the hundred's of trees and gingerbread houses and even picked up a couple little treats at the Sweet Shop.




Soon, we had to head for home and the Heartland Paper Company in Bountiful.   I'm working on a special order for my friend Jessica and this place has the best paper selection.

I made it home in time to cuddle with the kids for a little while before I headed out again...this time with Calvin.  I told him that I had a surprise for him and to be ready by 5pm.  And I gave him a clue:

The state of being joined.

I was surprising him by taking him to see 2012 at the JUNCTION (hense the clue).  He thought I was taking him to join a gym and I really had him going because Gold's Gym is right across the street from the theater at The Junction!  He was really surprised!

As for the movie....Calvin loved it.  I, was freaking out and scared through the whole thing and half way through I wanted to go home and hide under a table with my kids.  I came to the conclusion that if the world is ending...I just want to go quickly.  I won't be one of those folks racing around trying to survive.  I'll be the one looting the gun store......

I hope you enjoy a little snippet of our day!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm wtih you on the world ending, we may be fighting over that same gun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Vlog! Your "Bitchie Betty" GPS reminded me of a skit I heard the other day. Some comedian did an impression of his GPS sounding like Joe Pesci. Hillarious-
    that coffee looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a busy fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great time. I love your videos. But I wanna know more about this special coffee. Tell me more, show me.

    And can you say that you are sucking balls through a straw again. That was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day. My two best friends and I spent the day hanging out in San Francisco on Friday...shopping, eating, drinking coffee, eating, drinking more coffee, looking at the decorated windows. What fun days! Glad you had such a good day. I love how you talk to Bitchin Betty. We talked to my friend's gps as well...Hugh Jackman. According to my friend, if she's going to have someone telling her what to do. He had better be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know why you call Betty at bitch, she tries to get you lost and gets mad if you detour from her "highlighted route".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO jealous that you got to meet Jen! Sounds like a busy, fun fun day :)

    The vlog is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vlog. Love that you got to meet Jen! Love it all!! You and Bobbi always crack me up.

    I posted a short vlog from Isaiah on my blog over the weekend. Venturing into the land of vlogs is fun!

    Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, how in love with you am I?? Please come to NY or L.A., I'll meet you in either place. Your Rachel Zoe impression and now this? Anyone who hangs with a female that says the word douchebag and doesn't flinch is my kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sucking balls through a straw? Oh my!

    I love watching your videos - so fun! And inspiring, I simply have to bust out my own camera already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try some of that coffee too! Looked so yummy!

    Do you ever look in your rear view mirror when you drive, see the empty car seats, and have a brief, sudden "where are my kids!" before you remember they are at home? Me neither! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had a fun day out. I wouldn't know how to act. Must have been relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As usual, I love your vlog!! And how fun was that to meet Jen on there too!!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME Vlog! [as usual]. I want you and Connie to come down here and Vlog with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, you are the cutest thing! I love reading about your escapades. You had one busy packed day and it sounds like you had a great time. Glad you and Jennifer got to get together. When she told me, I was jealous and would love to have been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That does look like fun! What a hoot. Our GPS is called betty for bitchin' betty, too. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you take the time to record, edit and post your adventures :)

    Do you use your iPhone to record the video??

    Our GPS is Gypsy. It's hilarious when she gets mad at C for missing a turn (he's deaf in one ear so he claims he can't hear her)... and she has to "recalculate." If I had a dime for every time he flipped her the bird....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Driving while vlogging! Hilarious! Be careful out there (came over frome SITS to say hi)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are just too darn cute! Looks like you guys had such a great time. I would love to spend a day out with you, it would be so much fun.
    I loved that gingerbread house, with all the "crap" that we all eat this time of the year, we could all use a "regular" Christmas!
    Thanks for sharing your little snipet!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!