Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'll Be There For You.....

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.  A.A. Milne 

During my trip to Colorado last week....I made more of an effort to take time for myself. Of course, I'd hoped I'd have more time because I wanted to go to the Boulder/Broomfield area and visit Denise and Cari but time goes so very fast on vacation that I didn't get to. Sorry guys! Next time....

On our way to Denver, we stopped in my old hometown of Greeley. I took Calvin to my old neighborhood and we shared a vanilla shake at the Drive Inn.  It had been way too long since I'd seen my friends and their families. Anne* and Kathy* have been my BFF's for the last 15 years. Through marriages, births of children, and a couple divorces. These girls were with me and helped me through one of the darkest times of my life and I'll love them forever.


Kathy, Me and Anne

A post about girlfriends wouldn't be complete without talking about my day out with Robert*.  He took me to brunch at this cute little place in Cap Hill (more about this later on my food blog, subscribe...so you don't miss it.) and then we went shopping at The Cherry Creek Mall.  We had a blast!  He tried to make me try on a $137,000 ring at Tiffany's, but I refused because if I touched it, I'd want it.  Here we are modeling the latest hat fashion's from Anthropology.


Me and Rob

One night, I went to a bar.  I was going to meet a couple gals that I had worked with previously and a brand new friend that I met on twitter.  Katherine* and I worked at the collection agency together and became fast friends when we discovered that we didn't like most of the people we worked with.  Every morning we'd go down to the coffee shop in our building and grab a coffee and bagel and talk a mile a minute...and then we would talk more at each other's desk.  We also both had a crush on our boss Ken. Martha* didn't come...canceling at the last minute.  Bummer.

 
Me and Katherine

I love meeting new people that I've gotten to know from my blog and twitter.  I'd recently become acquainted with Tina from My Lipstick Life and I was so excited when I found out that she lived in Denver.  She agreed to come out to the bar, even though her daughter was very concerned about her meeting a stranger from the internet.  LOL!  Have you ever met someone for the first time and feel like you've known them forever?  Tina and I could have chatted all night!  AND Kat and Tina live in the same neighborhood and now they are going to be friends too.  Isnt' that awesome?

 
Tina!

*These people do not have blogs OR Tweet.  Crazy right? 

P.S.  I'm noticing a trend here....I only wear black and aqua. Three different outfits....same colors.  Funny!




13 comments:

  1. Are you Greeley friends in The Connie Diaries? I like aqua, too. We have similar hair/skin colors and I have to say, it's just a good color for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for a Vanilla Milkshake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I heart Anthropologie a lot..so much that I buy their clothes on ebay since I clearly can't afford the store..did you get the hat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wanted to know if they are in the Connie diaries too!

    I love hats. I wish we had the occasion to wear them more here. And I wish they didn't make my hair flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun. I should come too. My son is in Denver...I'm way over here is GA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW, friends. Such an awesome thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! A $137,000 ring?? Wonder what the finance plan is on that?? Bet is sure sparkled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a fun visit!! If you ever come to Austin, I will meet you at a bar too!!!! No fear- just think you are a riot and would love to meet you in person!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I'm famous now. Whoo hoo! Sure as hell wish it was a better piture of me. Maybe I should have worn black and aqua... So fun being IRL friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great trip :) It sounds wonderful to catch up with friends old and new and have some quality "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great photos, you all look like you had a fantastic time, and everybody has such great smiles.
    One word of advice.... NEVER -EVER refuse to try on a $137,000 ring!!!
    You may never get the chance again.
    You may have wanted to buy it, but you KNOW you can't so the feeling will just get you through....
    I ADORE JEWELRY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!