Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Around the World in 13 Hours

At the end of the third day of our vacation we moved from the Universal Studios area to the Disney Area and we spent a little more money on our accommodations.  I did get a great deal through Expedia and we loved staying at The Disney Caribbean Beach Resort.

We woke up bright and early and headed to EPCOT!

Our first stop was Spaceship Earth and Misson Space.  The kids loved going to Mars and that we each had a job to do.  We would revisit this ride 13 hours later right after I slammed a beer in England and I'm happy to say that I did not throw up!

We had a great time walking from country to country and the kids really enjoyed getting their passport stamped at each destination.  We love to travel and they now have more ideas for where they'd like to go.  Too bad their Dad has no desire to leave the country.


We had lunch in Mexico at the San Angel Inn.  It was a unique experience and the food was great!


I really enjoyed Germany, because my children are part German and we're planning a German Christmas.  I really just liked the beer.


Keith surprised me with dinner at Chefs De France in France.  I was so excited because I love all things French!  Fries, wine, cheese, Julia Child and saying Oui*!  Click here to see what I ate in France.

Soon it was dark and time for the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.  We were looking for a good place to watch the fireworks when we saw a roped off area right at the entrance.  Keith asked what that area was for and the security guard asked if we had a Chase Credit Card.  We did and found out it was a VIP area for people with that card.  Being in Debt FOR THE WIN!!

It was such a long day and I could barely walk back to the bus for the short 10 minute ride back to our Pirate Room!  What a great day and a fantastic surprise for the kids when we returned to our hotel.  More about that another time.....

*Do not google the word Oui.  It's a naught magazine for men.

Other posts about Orlando:

Universal Orlando
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Take Offs and Landings


6 comments:

  1. Y'all really should wear hats more often. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the pictures - the pics of the kids in their sombreros were too funny! Oh, how this makes me want to go to Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have purchased one....but it never would have fit in our luggage.

      Delete
  3. How cool that you got to go to the VIP area- good thing you asked. I would love to go to Europe. I love French food too- especially all the cheese!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!