Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gratitude {6}

In September, I read Daring Greatly by Brene Brown.  Like her other books, this book changed my life! One overwhelming message for me was this.

Don't squander joy.

There had to be something from each day that I was grateful for.  Once I took the time to look for them, I saw them like bright lights in the dark.

At that same time, I started to blog my gratitude moments on Sundays.  You'll notice that I feel off the posting wagon in October.  Life got busy but I've still been noticing the joy.

The other day, it occurred to me that when I started to really be grateful for things like my husband and my kids' teacher and acknowledge these gifts in my life....more blessings and joy poured in.

I told facebook the other day that I feel like I'm living a charmed life.  I've had an amazing year!  I've traveled from coast to coast, I've made amazing friends and had fun with them, I've been invited to several really entertaining events in Denver because of my blog, I sang with my favorite band and I judged a cake competition.  Last week, I even won some Chocolate Balls from Leslie Gail's Mom TV Show!

If you do nothing in 2013....do this:  Embrace the Joy!

************************

Mini Me

She was the very best surprise I've ever gotten.

And possibly the cutest baby I've ever seen.

She's an old soul and wise beyond her five years.

She's helpful, kind and generous to a fault.

She's so much like me.

She's loving, but angers easily...sometimes holds a grudge.

She's so much like me.

She likes things like she likes them, and don't touch her stuff!

She's all about Hello Kitty and drawing.

She's serious and funny....makes me laugh everyday.

She's vindictive and naughty...makes me want to pull my hair out!

She loves chicken nuggets, My Little Pony and being a Kindergartener.

Her brother and whoever isn't on red at school are her best friends.

She's my cooking buddy, shopping companion and snuggle bunny.

She's my daughter!



We went to The Nutcracker yesterday.  During intermission she discovered that she had 15 emails, 25 facebook likes and a voice mail.  And then she re-applied her lip gloss. 

I'll tell you more about our adventure tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Love that picture!

    Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And so glad it has been a wonderful and blessed year for you

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!