Monday, December 10, 2012

Pure Joy

If you had told me six years ago, that I would be happier than I've ever been in my life; I would have told you that you were crazy.  When that little boy was put in my arms I thought my heart would burst out of my chest and I thought that was the happiest I could be.

I had no idea that it would do this on a regular basis for the rest of my life and that I would look into his eyes and feel so much love.

Two weeks ago, Alex had a tooth that started to come loose.  It was uncomfortable and I babied the heck out of him...feeding him only soft food or cutting his pizza into tiny little pieces.

Last week, he rushed out of his classroom, excited to tell me all about his tooth falling out at school and his trip to the nurses office.


I was so happy for him!  He was so proud of himself and I couldn't wait to put him to bed so that I could play tooth fairy.

I'd like to thank the school nurse for providing the tooth holder on a string.  Without that thing I would have never found his tooth under his pillow!

He wrote the tooth fairy a note so that she'd know to look in the box.  And he asked his Dad to please go to bed early so that he wouldn't scare off the fairy! Keith tends to stay up late working on the computer and Alex was concerned it would prevent her from showing up.


Alex got $2 from the tooth fairy and a tiny heart shaped note that said it was nice to meet him finally.

Pure Joy is the only way to describe what happened the next morning.  I feel so blessed to be this little boy's Mom and to provide a life that brings him so much happiness.  Being a Mom is the best job I've ever had!

Keep an eye out on The Rookie Foodie...my post about judging the chocolate festival will be up soon.


10 comments:

  1. Fills me with joy just reading about it! And the tooth on a string idea is genius. Hope you and yours are well. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize those teeth are so tiny! They must have a holder!

      Delete
  2. L loves losing a tooth at school since they have the same little containers at her school (she's lost 8 total and 3 at school). The tooth fairy is broke. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! That tooth thingy is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew is losing teeth left and right these days, so this post made me smile thinking of his excitement over the tooth fairy. Too cute :)

    I also used to worry my night owl father would scare away Santa/the Easter Bunny/the Tooth Fairy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet :) Those are the moments I most look forward to as a mom. And you captured it perfectly!

    And, what a cool little tooth-carrying-case. That's my kinda nurse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, now this is precious! What an exciting school day! I'm glad he didn't swallow it! :o) Is it just me, or is Alex changing lately? Looking a little older? Maybe it's the missing tooth. :o) Or that his hair is longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how precious and sweet they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe!! What a fun sweet milestone. Love how excited he was and the love the note the tooth fairy left him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is so awesome to read this!!!! i feel the same way. blessed.
    i may not have it in me to pull of that elf on the shelf like you do, but i am with you on this one...best. job. ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!