Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekend Update: Spring has Sprung

This is going to be a new weekend feature to update our family and Calvin of what we have done all week. So...if the mundane details of our lives don't interest you....you have my permission to skip my weekend posts (i usually don't post on the weekends anyway) and return to our regularly scheduled programming on Mondays. I should tell you...this next week is going to be exciting! I will be announcing the winner of the DVD, Sego Lily will be announcing the 5 blogging finalists for their blogger contest (please let me be one of them) and it is time for another edition of the Connie Diaries!

*********

You may have seen in the news this week that Utah finally melted. Can I get a WOOT WOOT! We had been cooped up in the house for far too long and we were excited to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather so we went to the park THREE times and saw ALL of our friends.

Tuesday, we went to the park by our house and we met a super nice little boy named Garrett. He was also 3 yrs old and he was in love with Mallory. He played so nicely with the kids and was a joy to be around so I befriended his Mom. We had a lovely conversation and I thought things were going really well. I was really working it and thought she was liking me AND my mormon haircut and I suggested that we should exchange numbers so we could get the kids together to play and then....she abruptly ran to her minivan and left. I guess she really wasn't that into me....

Wednesday, we met Monica and her crew at another park and had a lovely time. We enjoyed some icey Starbucks Coffee drinks and chatted a little bit.

The kids had a great time playing and rolling down a hill and Mallory chased Alex everywhere. and then....I went down this slide and got stuck. This really helped to jump start my exercise routine and motivated me to eat a plate of vegetables.


Wednesday was also Earth Day so we celebrated by not turning on the air conditioner and we made these awesome Kabobs for dinner.

On Thursday, we met Shannon, Haylie, Sara and Sophie at the park by our house and I was hoping that Mom would be there so I could show her that I do have friends and people like me dammit but she wasn't there. We enjoyed Iced Coffee from McDonalds and I didn't get to talk to my friends much because Alex and Mallory were burned out from 3 park visits in a row and were crabby and some stupid boy growled at Mallory and pissed her off.

We also had a lot of fun playing in the backyard this week! The kids love to draw with the Sidewalk Chalk that Aunt Bobbi bought for them and Mallory was so cute....drawing little circles on the cement and then jumping in and out of them. Daddy taught her the word Hopscotch!



Alex just likes to jump!

He was a little miffed at sister about something but I was so thrilled that his outfit matched so well and I wasn't even trying....
Here is the tree in our backyard...the leaves are just starting to bud! I'm trying to document this tree because the leaves always sneak up on me.

We started our Recession Garden this week. We planted Mint, Chives and Large Leafed Italian Basil(seeds) in this metal container. This is going to be a summer project for me and the kids and they are very excited about it.

I am trying to encourage Alex to use the potty. So far he has wanted nothing to do with it so I decided to try bribing him. I told him that if he used the potty for TWO weeks...I would buy him another Thomas Train item. We spit in our hands and shook on it and then he spent the entire day pouring over one of the Thomas propaganda that comes with every single Thomas thing you buy. So far...he is only interested in figuring out what I am going to buy for him and hasn't started using the potty yet.

Today is Saturday and the cool, rainy weather has returned. Calvin and the kids are off at the pet store and I am enjoying some peace and quiet! Trying to decide if I should clean a bathroom or read a book.....

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Great pictures!
    I'm glad they liked the chalk!

    Why were Calvin and the kids at the pet store? Are you getting a rabbit?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merrick loves his "Thomas Papers."
    I think they are creepy.
    Our bribing technique: Pee pee = gummy bears or a sticker. His choice.
    Poo-poo = small thomas toy. we hit the jackpot this week when a friend gave us all of her thomas toys that her boys grew out of. I must have 100 choo-choos in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, helllo? Read a book.

    I am bugged for you that That Mom took off inexplicably. WTF? Why? Did you see her again? (I can get something like that stuck in my head and not let it go for daaaays!)

    And I found that bribery doesn't work for potty training. Take AWAY the Thomas trains until he does it. But I'm mean that way. (Also? Grant was 4 and could probably spell bowel movement. It was time to pull out the big guns.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your weekend posts Connie. I should do those. I get conflicted about the purpose of my blog. I want to document the happenings of the family, but get sidetracked by talking about all the insignificant things in my head.

    I'm sorry about that mom. How weird! If I met you at the park I would be psyched to find someone so cool and funny.

    I'm glad you decided to read the book. I finished my book today too. It was nice to chill out.

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your "weekend update" post is a very nice idea for your husband, kids and you. Great memories, and wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you got ditched at the park. She must have checked her ward directory, noticed your name wasn't in it and got spooked. You heathen. (You can't see it, but I'm totally rolling my eyes right now)

    Do all little boys save the packaging to their toys? Jaxin never lets me throw stuff away, he'll spend hours looking at the back of a package trying to decide what to beg me for next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Park burnout really does exist huh? Also, as far as that mom goes, sometimes I really really don't "get" people

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!