Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Promise....

A few months after iKeith and I met and fell in love...we decided to buy a house together. Keith had always put off buying a house because he was waiting to meet someone that he wanted to marry.

The wait was over.

We found our dream house and Keith said he wanted to ask me to marry him but now he didn't have a lot of money left over for a ring. I told him a big ring wasn't important to me and that the house meant more of a commitment to me than anything.

We thought that we were going to live in his house for a very long time and grow old(er) there. Three years later we moved to Utah....I should have gotten a bigger ring.



While we were waiting for closing iKeith decided that we should go to Dallas so he could meet my parents. It was our first road trip together and we did great...no fighting or anything. Although there was an unfortunate Slim Jim incident.

It was early December,  my Dad was away on business and got stuck in a snow storm and couldn't make it home so iKeith asked for my hand in marriage over the phone. We were touring the wax museum in Dallas with my Mom when iKeith dropped to one knee in front of Bill Clinton (i have a little crush on him) and asked me to be his wife.


At the end of the museum tour there was a store where you could have your picture taken and put into the bodies of other people. 
This is us...engaged!


And a few months later....on a sunny July Day, my Dad gave me away for the last time and we were married in the backyard of our dream home. 


As a wedding gift to iKeith I made a list of things that I promised to do as his wife.   I came across it this week while I was packing and I'm going to give it to him again today.

I promise to be supportive.
I promise to make you laugh.
I promise to warm you when you're cold.
I promise to learn new things with you.
I promise to buy peanut butter and pickles.
I promise to be your best friend.
I promise to be naughty.
I promise to stand up for you and our marriage.
I promise to be a good mother to our children.
I promise to be dependable.
I promise to appreciate everything you do for our family.
I promise to be optimistic.
I promise to help make our dreams come true.
I promise to care for you when you are sick.
I promise to record Y&R every day.
I promise to honor you.
I promise to accept you as you are.
I promise to love you.

This was our first dance song....and I had Come What May inscribed inside iKeith's wedding ring.  Funny how this is the perfect song for us.

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet list and a perfect thing to show him today!

    You look gorgeous in your wedding dress.

    Although I wish you hadn't needed to leave your house in Denver, I am so thankful our paths crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! You looked gorgeous at the wedding, and that song is one of my favorites. I'm happy you guys are getting to live your dream (albeit on a tighter budget than planned), and I think Keith will love seeing your list again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list!

    You were a beautiful bride.

    I am happy you are both going home. And I love that song. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post....love the pictures and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet, and I love that wedding picture of you two. You look positively giddy.

    And I am laughing out loud that you had a little thing for Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww .... this is seriously so sweet! LOVE your wedding pic!! You look guys both look so happy!

    Love the list ... especially the naughty part. I need to remember that one. :o)

    (Have to admit I kind of barfed a little when you admitted to a crush on Clinton.) :o))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house reminds me of my current home! What a lovely list of promises. I hope you had a great anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this post- so fun to hear all about you & iKeith! And look where you are headed now!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie, that is so beautiful, you made me cry. From all I've read in your blog, I think you have managed to do everything on your list. You are setting such a wonderful example for your children and lots of other people - myself included.
    I know that he will really appreciate receiving this list from you again during this really difficult time. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!