Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Love of a Sister

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb

The beautiful and talented Mallory is very affectionate. She likes to give and receive kisses.

Alex is two. Ever so often, he will give and receive kisses....but not very often. And especially not when he is very busy reading.

the good thing about picture books is that you can read them upside down too.

Poor tenderhearted Mallory...she becomes upset when her kisses are rebuffed.

But just look at that look in his eyes. He really does love you little sister.....

Mallory would like me to add a note here that she was having an off fashion day. Her Gymboree clothes were all in the wash and she was forced to either dress like Ronald Mc Donald or go naked. Thank you for your understanding.

To my little sister....

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. ~ Barbara Alpert

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~Amy Li

How do people make it through life without a sister? ~Sara Corpening

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James



14 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest thing I've seen in a while! Incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that. Those pictures are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the upside down book! Adorable photos of the kids - enjoy this time Connie, it goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you could capture that in pictures! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet...Now what's your take on little brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuties, both of them! I never had a sister - so I had to make up for it in having "best friends."

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so wise to capture these moments. They seem to go by so fast. I have three sisters and still have such a special bond. Love the pictures! I understand the the fashion dilemma. I have the same one today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you big sister! I got a little teary eyed reading the quotes about sisters.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog award on my blog! Grab, put it on your blog and then pass it along to someone else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are so cute! Goodness, it took me and my sister YEARS to try and be nice to each other. Now we actually LIKE hanging out together. haha. You know, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute pictures of your cute children! They will be the best of friends as they grow. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are great! BTW...our elf came today. His name is Park! I can't wait until after Thanksgiving to start putting out crackers to entice him to live with us. Thank you so much for this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww....love this..they are sooo cute!!! My brother and I are four years apart..and still very close! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!