Sunday, March 16, 2008

The One About Mallory's Birthday!


Happy First Birthday my sweet baby girl!!!

I can't believe that she is ONE. All week I have been dreading this day because she wouldn't be a baby anymore. I know she has to grow up but I don't know why she has to grow up so fast! Even though I spend every waking hour with her....I feel like I'm missing stuff. I don't want to miss a moment of these kid's lives! I didn't know it was possible to love anyone as much as I love them. My heart is in a constant state of flood. Flooded with love and emotions and pain. Why does being a Mother hurt so much? And make water fall out of my face? And then....there is this growing love for the man that made it all possible. Is it really possible to fall more in love with someone that farts when you are trying to have a conversation with them? The answer is that yes, it possible. And I love him more every day...farts and all!

Mallory's birthday turned into Birthday Weekend because we found out Friday afternoon that Hubby would have to leave for Alabama on Sunday. Birthday lunch was moved to Saturday and as planned we went to Red Robin. We had a great lunch and our server Ryan was wonderful! It is really hard to eat out with small kids when you have servers that don't seem to care that kids have very short attention spans and many needs. Ryan was very attentive and because of that we had a great meal! If you live in Layton and have kids. Visit Red Robin and ask for Ryan. He will treat you well!

Mallory enjoyed the Strawberry Shake so much. I think she figured out that we have been holding out on her....she didn't want to let go of the straw!!

When we were leaving....a big jet flew over and I learned the difference between a F-16, an M-16 and a Rifle and A Gun. In case you didn't know....One is for fighting and One is for fun! If you don't know which one....email my hubby and he will tell you!


I spent the afternoon making a special St. Patrick's Day meal and Meghan's cake. Hubby and I decided to make the frosting after the kids went to bed. I had selected a buttercream frosting but something went a little awry and we made sugary butter topping. We added milk and powdered sugar until it was a spreadable consistency and we each decorated a little cake. We discovered that we need some more practice making frosting and some cake decorating lessons. But we had a great time doing this together! What do you think?

Today: Mallory's Birthday!

We had birthday pancakes and sausage this morning...I'm hoping to make this a family tradition. Then I put her in her fabulous Gymboree Birthday Outfit. She hated it. She wore the dress for about three minutes before we had to remove it. She had her frist major temper tandrum because she couldn't crawl. I guess Mallory's got a temper for her birthday!

Click on the pictures to see them bigger!




And then we opened her presents. Actually, Alex opened her presents! She got some beautiful clothes from both sets of Grandparents, Jumpers and a Cherry Dress that she can wear to Cherry Day's from Aunt Bobbi and a cute hat from Uncle Andrew! We gave her a baby doll and a stroller which Alex has been enjoying while she plays with the ball that we gave Alex to open.

Hubby quickly put together the stroller. Well....as quickly as you can with two toddlers for assistants. The stroller is a piece of junk and the pieces didn't fit together right and the fabric for the seat doesn't fit on right either. I hate junky toys!!

Mallory enjoyed her special cake filled with love! And lots and lots of butter! She was a little slippery mess when she was done! Alex would not eat the cake and we decided that we will make him a special fruit salad for his birthday since that is all he wants to eat now days! Fruit Salad...Yummy Yummy!

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful little girl!

    here's hoping she grows some hair for that second birthday - LOL. jenna was bald until she was TWO (i'm not kidding) and when she finally DID grow hair, it was a total mullet.

    gah. she was cute anyway. :) and megan is a doll.

    and here i go to add you to my reader. thanks for the comment - i had forgotten about new bloggy friend to the south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Jess! She is seriously the cutest baby.

    And?

    The cake turned out GREAT, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at her! she is just adorable, happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she's one! She's beautiful. Eliana has some hair she can borrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!