Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where Are You Christmas?

NaBloPoMo....Day 14

Operation: Get your @SS ready....Day 6

Here it is November 14th and I'm not in the mood. Usually...Christmas Spirit grips me all through the year but I've lost my Holiday MoJo and I don't know what to do to get it back.

I know that part of the reason...is that my mind set has changed a little bit. I'm not interested in getting my kids a ton of presents....and my family couldn't agree on weather of not we were going to draw names or not. Then Scrooge got involved and told everyone that they were getting family gifts from us.

That's all well and good...except that he won't DEFINE what the hell that means so I still don't have a clue what we are getting everyone. When I see something I think would be cool he says no. It makes it hard to get excited.

And the kids...I really just want to get them one or two things. We need to plan a time to go shopping for them...together. I think once I shop for them and we go visit santa...I'll feel better.

One change from every other year....we will be home for Christmas with NO FAMILY (except Bobbi) with us. Let me tell you...this is a relief. I'm looking forward to being able to prepare WAY less food, and actually concentrate on my children instead of running a hotel and restaurant. It's a lot of work having guests in your home and it will be a refreshing change to not have to deal with that.

I hope the spirit finds me soon.....



In other news, we got the kids' hair cut this morning and when I asked Mallory how she wanted her hair, she said, 'like your's Mommy.' And so we did! She was so good sitting in the chair and she had her first blow dry!

Before...


After....

 
Isn't she darling?

I'm so excited....because I'm meeting a bunch of bloggers for dinner in a little bit.  And I get to meet Loralee's baby boy!

15 comments:

  1. The only thing that's helped get me in Christmas spirit was visiting the craft bazaars today and seeing lots of cute things I can totally make for gifts. Going handmade this year, which is causing me a bit of stress, but proving fun.

    Haircut is ca-ute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, Scrooge lives at my house, too. And he won't let me shop until well into December! It's soooo stressful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not into the holidays this year. I don't know what's wrong with me.

    You daughter is so cute with that hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent got into the Christmas spirit this year either...Im hoping it kicks in soon. With my parents going through a divorce it all kinda feels weird

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Faith Hill song. Never seen the video before. Thanks :)

    I love my family...but I also dig the small family holidays, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so good to see you, friend! I am so sorry the baby isn't feeling well. I am going to shop down at Layton Hills for Christmas so we can grab coffee and you can meet him then! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry that Christmas spirit will hit you soon! You'll be out and hear a song and think okay...I'm ready...let's go!

    I'm off to get my hair cut that same way. Can I print a pic of your daughter? LOL! She's adorable and so are you!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just remember, Christmas isn't about gifts....That always makes me fell better because we can't afford much this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Mallory wants to be just like you!! Thats sweet.

    I think part of the reason it's difficult getting into the spirit is b/c of how early Christmas starts.

    Part of the excitement about Christmas was that it only used to last 4 weeks. You had to enjoy it b/c it would be gone before you know it. Now, stores are decorating in October and about 10% of our neighborhood already has their Christmas lights strung up outside.

    I'm SO Glad you'll be focused on your family instead of the hotel/restaurant at your place :) That in and of itself should have you excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am excited for Christmas, but I *do* know what you mean about certain people putting a damper on things. I want to get started on my shopping, already! And I agree on not going overboard with gifts. Year after year we do too much, and I want to cut back. Especially while the children are little. Christmas is not about money spent or the number of gifts, but about family being together, celebrating Jesus' birth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not in the mood either. Hoping it finds it's way into my household very soon!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh she looks so cute.

    Hope that you had a great dinner.

    And I know what you are saying about the Christmas spirit. I had a hard time with it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure the Christmas spirit will grab you after Christmas.

    If it doesn't, I'll shove it down your throat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute haircut.

    I'm having bipolar feelings about Christmas. One minute I am excited nd the next I'm freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Her hair is darling!

    I am so excited for Christmas! And overwhelmed too! We always do way more than we should/need to so I am going to TRY to scale back. But we do a lot more name drawing too with the grown-ups which helps so much. I hope you find your spirit soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!