Thursday, June 12, 2008

Much Better!!

We tried Discovery Time at the library again today. This time, I hired Natalie from across the street to be my Mother's Helper and she had Mallory and I had Alex.

Before we left I explained to Alex that we were going to the library and that I expected him to sit, listen and behave himself. I told him that we were going to sing songs, and read books and maybe color. I asked him if he was going to be a good boy and he said Yes.

And he was!!!

He sat in my lap before the class started and we read a book, then he returned the book to the basket when the librarian got started. He sat quietly while we sang a song, then did the hokey pokey and he even called out COW when she talked about cows and when she said ONE, he said TWO!

He did cry just one time...because he didn't want to give up the egg shaker. But he recovered quickly.

He was well behaved, followed directions and was almost reserved!! He was a totally different kid.


And then me and Alex made a Cow Puppet.


The theme today was Westward Ho and the letter of the day was W. Our vocabulary words for the week are: lasso, skedaddle, buckaroo, doggie and yammerin. I encourage you all to leave me a comment using these words in a sentence! LOL!

Later, we are supposed to pretend to be a cowboy/cowgirl...we can finally use those cowboy hats I brought home from Texas. Oh, and I'm supposed to make up a story about what a cowboy does. And here is a song....feel free to sing this one outloud!

I'm a Little Cowboy/Cowgirl!
to the tune of I'm a little teapot

I'm a little cowboy/cowgirl.
Here's my hat
(point to your hat)
Here are my spurs
And here are my chaps. (point to feet and legs)
When I get up, I work all day, (jump on work)
Get on my horse and ride away (galloping motion)


Very Good!!


I don't know if this had anything to do with it....but I fed Alex some Kix Cereal (only 3g of sugar) for breakfast and I didn't give him any juice this morning. I wonder if he is sensitive to sugar and it makes him hyper?

We had such a great time and I hope it continues.

2 comments:

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!