Monday, March 11, 2013

Be A Blessing

I filled in for iKeith at school on Thursday.  He is the morning crossing guard and due to a parking snafu at work, he couldn't make it.  I was a little nervous but I wore my orange vest with pride.  I treated this job like all parts of my life....with passion and energy!

I greeted everyone with a Good Morning and a Have a Great Day!  When I encountered a child from one of my kids' classes, I yelled their name and high fived them.   I smiled and waved at the cars that went by at my direction and when I stopped my friend Debbie with my little stop sign, I did a little booty shake in the crosswalk for her benefit.

In other words.....I had a blast!

As I walked back to my car, I couldn't stop smiling.  What a wonderful feeling to spread joy and happiness everywhere you go.  I hope my attitude helped someone have a better day.  I hope I was a blessing to someone.


So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
 Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. 
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
 ~Tecumseh

6 comments:

  1. Wise words! I know you had fun. :D Gearing up for three hours of Bachelor goodness tonight,LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yourt kids know how lucky they are to have such a great attitude sportin', involved Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I'm going to be sure to wave and smile at all of the crossing guards that I encounter!

    I'm loving that quote you posted too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you made an awesome crossing guard. I bet it was a bit of a power trip too having to the power to stop traffic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, when I was a crossing guard it wasn't that fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!