Monday, July 4, 2011

Books, Races and Beer

Happy Fourth of July!

I'm all fireworksed out. We've seen them three nights in a row. Well, I didn't see them last night because I wasn't feeling well so I sat in my hot bed and started a new book that I picked up on Friday Night. It's called Don't Breathe a Word: A Novel by Jennifer McMahon and it's so good that I had trouble putting it down.




Who wants my copy of The Summer We Came to Life? The first person (that lives in the United States of America) to shoot me an email gets it.  It was really good! YAY!  Amy from Nine-Ninety-One gets the book! Go follow Amy's blog...she's planning to pass the book along when she's done.


I hope you all are having a great holiday weekend!  We've been eating and drinking well and Keith's been working like a dog in between going to the pool, the park and fireworks shows.  His app has something to do with the Tour d.e France so we're following the race for the first time ever!

It's Root Beer.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a single firework yet! But I've definitely heard them. :o) I have this thing about celebrating holidays on their ACTUAL holiday, so we're doing the cookout and fireworks thing tonight! :o)

    I love the picture of your son with the root beer! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting him started early, huh Connie? :) We're hitting the fireworks tonight. APPARENTLY, in California, you can't have fireworks other than going to shows. LAME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard them but haven't seen one! And I usually see them just driving through my neighborhood too. Hmmm

    Why is your bed hot???? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new friend Amy gets the book! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th! Looks like fun. Cool book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why was your bed hot??
    I added that book you are reading now to my Goodreads list! :) I wanna read it, it sounds awesome.
    Happy 4th! I've missed you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That new book cover looks a little scary :) but sounds interesting too...hmmm, may have to read a decent book instead of my usual light entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we saw some last night but I don't think I could ever get fireworked out! a tour de france app? so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No fireworks for us, but we had a wonderful weekend. That book cover creeps me out ... but I love recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had such a fun 4th. It is becoming one of my most favorite holidays - being outside with friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good book - I need one I can't put down - what's it about?

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!