Monday, May 9, 2011

The Gift of Motherhood

 Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  ~Marcel Proust





I had a great Mother's Day!  If you get Martha Stewart Magazine, then you know that there was a little booklet in last month's issue that said  TOP SECRET! MOM DON'T READ THIS.  It was a idea book that you were to hand to your children/spouse so that they could get ideas for making Mother's Day Special.  What a great idea Martha!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Foot Soak: 1/4 cup Chamomile Epson Salts, 10 mint leaves, 4 rosemary springs and warm water.

Yogurt: 1 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup honey, serve with fresh berries and melon.

I can tell you that I felt like a princess!  iKeith took the kids into the bedroom for an hour an a half so I could watch Eat, Pray, Love (and dream about going to Italy) without interruption!

I'm so lucky and blessed to have a great husband and sweet children. I feel like I've been given this amazing gift....each day I unwrap it and bask in the joy of raising my kids.  Thank you iKeith for making my day so special!

What did you do for Mother's Day?

10 comments:

  1. How sweet! What a special day! :)

    I bought my mother goodies and then took her to the buffet she wanted to go to...the scale hated me for it, but it was an enjoyable time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day!!! I just hung out at home with the kids...it was a peaceful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sounds delightful! My day was wonderful too. Simple and wonderful. The girls made their own cards {super duper sweet!}, and picked out a few little gifts all on their own. We just enjoyed being together. And you're right, being a Mama is the greatest gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the best is really giving you something you love, like this. Just really thinking of the person and doing something they would like.

    I went for mother/daughter pedi's with Baby Girl and then we went and had lunch. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a clever idea from Martha, but mostly, I'm just happy that you feel as treasured and loved as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great Mothers Day! My husband took the kids out for the day. NINE TO THREE! (FIVE would have sounded better - but it was 3:00 when they came back). I was alone in my house for six hours. I read, watched three episodes of Modern Family, talked on the phone and ate a second helping of the amazing French toast casserole breakfast (made by amazing husband) for lunch. Then they came home and we watched the kids play outside while we had wine with our neighbors. THEN we had a fab dinner (thank you chef husband AGAIN!) Oh - and did I mention the pearl earrings?

    Perfect day.

    Yours sounds wonderful too. Gorgeous flowers. A belated happy mothers day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you had a great Mother's Day!! Love all the special things that iKeith and the kiddies did for you!! I kind of hijacked the entire weekend, between my bday and Mother's Day - lol! My hubby was exhausted!! The kids were so attentive and loving... it was really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great day! Hannah and Eli brought me breakfast in bed. It was also Mickey's birthday so I had to share the day with him. But we spent it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds heavenly. Martha really is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just so sweet! Keith and the kids are just paying you back for all the wonderful things you do for them. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself and had such a beautiful day.
    Belated happy Mother's Day.
    HUGGLES!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!