Friday, August 3, 2012

Let Me Eat Muffins!

I really do have something cool to tell you about....but I'm waiting for a press release! UGH. I guess this is how things work and you have to be patient, which I am not.

In my absence from my blog this week, I've been getting ready for the first official event that means school is starting soon.

Packet Pick Up!

I can't wait to get my hands on that packet and fill my calendar with activities!  I'll also be signing families up for PTA.  Can't wait to make some new friends and have a great year.


Something interesting was brought to my attention this week and I just had to laugh.

Our school has Muffins for Moms and Donuts for Dads.  It's a time for us to go to the classroom and observe the routine for a short amount of time.  But first, we get a snack, a cup of coffee and a pep talk from the principal.

This year they are changing the names to Morning with Moms and Daybreak with Dads.

Are donuts and muffins offensive to some people?

I'm so tired of people telling me what I can and can't say, what i can and can't eat, and what I can and can't believe because they think it's offensive.  If you don't like a word, don't say it.  If you don't agree with someone's beliefs, don't believe it.  If you don't like guns, don't buy one.  If you don't like french fries in Happy Meals, don't buy them.

And just because my beliefs or opinions are different than yours...doesn't make me a hater!

Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred.
Jacques Barzun



What political correctiveness has got you shaking your head?

20 comments:

  1. AMEN! To that I say "CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I am missing something, but what's offensive about muffins and donuts? The only thing I hated about that tradition was that dad's got donuts and all I got was a lousy bran muffin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Offensive to people that don't eat gluten?

      Delete
  3. Amen to that! Freedom of speech is free to everyone, not just those who think they can yell or berate the loudest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been commenting on blogs lately but this deserves a HELL YA preach on sista preach on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been commenting on blogs lately but this deserves a HELL YA preach on sista preach on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been commenting on blogs lately but this deserves a HELL YA preach on sista preach on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been commenting on blogs lately but this deserves a HELL YA preach on sista preach on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liked this post soooo much that you commented FOUR times. I love ya, Myya!

      Delete
  8. political correctness makes me nuts!! I cannot keep up with what is good and what isn't anymore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lack of the word Christmas in advertising makes me nuts. Do those same folks sit under a holiday tree and open oliday presents on Holiday morning? Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait. WHY did they change muffins and donuts?? And. SCREW THEM!
    They're probably illegal. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Did you see that snafu on my fb? Whoopsies! NOT.
    It makes me want to scream the R word, even though it's not a nice word and I generally don't use it, but still...PC sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And seriously. I'd rather have a donut than a muffin. Unless it was an apple streudal muffin from costco.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooohooo!! Some mom that had a muffin top probably got all offended thinking it was referring to just her because people that get offended usually think things like that.

    Love love that quote!! There is always more need for kindness and respect but there is never or rarely any more need for PC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen!! It's only freedom of speech if it is YOUR opinion is how the vast majority of people think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen!! It's only freedom of speech if it is YOUR opinion is how the vast majority of people think.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!