Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Last Text to my Brother

On July 7th last year, we were winding down the holiday weekend and Keith grilled ribs.  We were sitting on the patio, enjoying the beautiful weather and a bottle of wine.  I was admiring my basil plants and swatting bugs away from my wine.

I came up with a genius solution to my bug problem without having to go into the house for a stopper.

I knew that my brother would appreciate my ingenuity so I texted him a picture.


I titled it Ghetto Wine Cork.

I didn't get a response.  

I didn't think much of it because he had recently moved to a beautiful new townhome and I was sure he was very busy setting up his place.

What I didn't know is that he was dead. 

It's been a year today and my brain still can't accept it.  I don't think I ever will.

I miss you Rob.


3 comments:

  1. Rob is a great reminder to live each day to the fullest! Thinking of you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that it has been a year already. I don't think we ever stop missing those we truly love. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry.....I too can't believe it has been a year. I would say it gets easier but it doesn't really, just different. We still miss Krista so much and we had a lot of warning before she passed....I can't imagine being caught off guard like that. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!