Monday, April 1, 2013

Going Through the Big D

We had so much fun in Texas that I've had trouble really putting a post together. There were so many pictures to go through and I felt like so much happened in just a few days.  

The drive there was long even though we had snacks and a travel scavenger hunt for the kids to work on; it was too many hours in the car.  We've learned our lesson and a few others, like Keith and I are too old to drive after dark and eat Sonic after 8pm.


The kids had fun with the scavenger hunt and Alex didn't realize he was reading words.  Shhh....don't tell him it was educational, it takes all of the fun out of it!  They searched for white trucks, horses, cows, signs, a star, a church, a gas station and a bunch of other things! 

Our first real day of vacation was super busy!  Grandpa Bob took us to the pilot shop at the Addison airport because he needed to get his grandson a log book.  Alex was to supposed to get his first flying lesson but it didn't work out.  We also had a cup of coffee together to celebrate! 


Later that day Aunt Bobbi had a birthday party for the kids at a local park.  She invited some of her friends and their kids and we had a great time.  Even though it was cold and grey.  The kids didn't mind and our giant Texas cake was delicious.  It's true....everything IS bigger in Texas.


Have I ever told you how much Bobbi and I love Target?  I also love that you can buy wine at Target. 


On Monday, we went to Ft. Worth.  My parents have lived in the Dallas area for 16 years and I'd never been there.  I wasn't missing much!   HA!


I did get to sit on and touch a cow which was one of my goals for March.  I loved it!  


Alex sat on the cow too and he also conned his Grandpa into buying him a hat and a stick horse.



We had a wonderful barbecue lunch (review coming this week on The Rookie Foodie) and then we tried to go to Billy Bob's Texas to look around and go to the gift shop.  We ended up walking out because they wanted $2 from each of us for the privilege.  I don't think so Billy Bob! 


Tuesday we did some shopping and I got a new outfit!  We headed out Tuesday afternoon because we learned that when you're old, it actually takes TWO days to drive 800 miles.  We also decided that taking the interstate is the best way to go because you can go very fast!  The kids got to add two more states to their list of places they've been

Oklahoma is beautiful in March! 


If you made it through this entire post you deserve a reward.  Thanks for reading!  

10 comments:

  1. Love that you chronicle all of the places that you visit with a list. We do the same thing, and by we, I mean me, my husband never makes lists, we are a true Odd Couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacie! You are my soul sister!! iKeith thinks my lists are silly. and he can't plan anything more than 3 months in advance. DRIVES ME CRAZY!

      Delete
  2. Looks like sooo much fun!

    There is no wine in Target in Oklahoma....sad face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad. Texas must be special that way!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the pictures!!! What a great trip :) You are brave to go so far, we are working up to a 4 hour drive this summer....we are weak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a fun trip! And yes I cannot ride/drive a car for as long as used to- in fact now if my husband is driving I almost fall immediately asleep.
    Well you really met your cow goal as that is a big old cow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fabulous trip! I love the idea of a scaverager hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you rode that bull thing!!!
    The pictures of your kids with their grandpa in the cowboy hats are awesome. And your dad's In N Out shirt makes me want a burger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great experience for everyone. You all were brave attempting that many miles in one day! We drove from Kentucky to Florida straight through one time and that broke me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hold your horses! LOL! :o)

    The travel scavenger hunt idea was excellent. Wish I'd thought of that on those long Florida to Tennessee drives a few years ago.

    When they start letting you DRINK wine in Target, that's when I'll start shopping there.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!