Friday, September 6, 2013

TOTES! Journal and Planner Storage

Flashback Friday!  This was published just two months ago....but I think Google would like to see it again.

A while back, my dear friend and partner in organizing all things showed me her Thirty One Tote that she uses for storing greeting cards.  Jessica is just brillant when it comes to finding clever way  keep her things tidy so I always try to steal borrow her ideas when I can.

Several months ago, I was walking around Home Depot.  I think I was looking for the bathroom because I constantly have to pee, when I found a bunch of handheld tool totes.  I looked that them for a long time and thought I should get one of these so I can copy Jessica.  I found the bathroom and forgot about the tote.

This week I was walking around WalMart.

Disclaimer: I drove 20 miles to the nice part of town so that I could have a pleasant WalMart experience.

I found myself in the tool section explaining what all the tools are for my kids and I saw it.  My Tote!!


TOTES!  It's perfect and purple and doesn't scream CRAFTSMAN on the front!  It's exactly what I was looking for and it was only $12.98. I snatched it up and took it home and hugged it for a long time before I put all of my stuff in it.


Here is what is in the my Journal Tote:


  • Smash My Year Smashbook and Thirty One bag that Jessica gave me to hold all of my stickers and what not. 
  • My kids journals that I write in every week
  • My journals that I write in every week
  • Sharpie Markers
  • Papermate Markers
  • Scissors
  • Stuff that needs to go into journals (pictures, movie stubs, invites)
  • HAPPINESS

It looks so great sitting on the corner of my desk and since I don't have a dedicated space for crafting/journaling and I ofter lug all of my stuff to the bedroom or in front of the TV, it's just perfect!






1 comment:

  1. Super cute idea!!

    I love the thought of writing in a journal for Monster. I am just not good on follow through.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!