Monday, July 6, 2015

Best Fireworks Display in Denver

A few months ago, I got an email from the Colorado Symphony Orchestra that they would be playing a special concert on America's birthday.


I'm always on the look out for a fun place to see the fireworks with my family  and this was perfect because we are obsessed with classical music thanks to our fantastic school music teacher.  I immediately bought tickets!

I moved to Denver 14 years ago (holy crap has it been that long?) but I have never been to Fiddler's Green.  I've been missing out!  It's a great venue with seating and a lawn area.  Lots of beer/wine/food vendors and most all of them took credit cards. 


We arrived early, but we didn't need to.  Turns out we were in line with all of the people with general admission tickets that needed a good lawn seat.  I will tell you that the best seats are in the 200 sections.  If you are in the 100 sections you have to move to see the fireworks because the stage will block them. 

We all dressed up but we didn't need to because it is an outdoor concert, but we like to dress for the theatre.  That's just how we are. We looked like we are the type of people that go to the symphony, which we are.  Ha...just the thought of me being hoity-toity is pretty funny! 


Once the sun set at around 8:30 we could see the stage much better and with a light breeze blowing it was the perfect night!  The fireworks started around 9:15 and lasted about 30 minutes.  The Symphony continued to play until the last 10 minutes so that they could step out and enjoy them too. 



If you are looking for a family friendly place for your family to enjoy the 4th of July fireworks and experience some culture at the same time, this is the place for you!


1 comment:

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!