Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday 5: Roller Coaster

I'm joining Emmy today to give you 5 thoughts and 5 pictures. It's been a crazy, fun, busy and disappointing week. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster and I'm about to throw up!


1.  I am so happy that we finally found a babysitter.  Keith and I have been on a bunch of dates the last few months and we have another one planned for next month.  Keith also started a new job three weeks ago and he is 7 minutes from our house!!  I can stop by for lunch and coffee anytime I want.

2.  It was a great week for fun because I deliberately made the time for it.  Several weeks ago, I invited 25 of my closest Mom friends to see Girls Only with me.  Eight of them showed up and we laughed until we peed!  I even got called up on stage to interact with the cast.  So much fun!  We're planning our next Mommy Field Trip to the Coors Brewery.

3.  I wish more people got as excited as I do about volunteering at school.  I love planning things for the kids and helping to provide ways for the kids to socialize.  We are not a neighborhood school so our kids are scattered all over the district.  Things like LEGO Club are great for making friends.  And I wear silly hats.

4.  Speaking of PTA.  I have to keep reminding myself that I'm making a difference in 617 children's lives and that people will let me down but I have to keep going because what I do is important.  Thank God for my VP.  I couldn't do this without her!

5.  I wish I could explain why I'm terrified of going to the hair salon.  Every March, I just can't take it anymore and I get my hair cut.  Yes.  Once a year, I cut my hair!  I love how it looks after so I don't know why I don't do it more often.

Good People at The Curious Theater

Girls Only at Garner Galleria Theater

LEGO Club


Fundraiser Prizes

Real Housewives Hair




4 comments:

  1. I loved volunteering in my older kids' school and it had so many long term benefits. There's not as much opportunity for parent involvement in high school but I met so many kids and their parents in my volunteering days that I know who their friends are which is really nice. Can't wait to start volunteering with the younger one! Your hair looks fantastic and congrats on finding a babysitter! Good ones are so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so beautiful in that last picture and I am totally the same way about the salon, I don't know what it is either but I just find it hard to go. Growing up I had a beautician I loved and so was comfortable going but just since have never been good about it. You are making such a huge impact and doing so much good for the kids, I have no doubt about it. Completely jealous of your husband's commute, Eric's is currently at least 1 1/2 hours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Connie! I love your new cut! It really suits you! You makeup looks fab in that last picture, too!

    So I'm kind of surprised you didn't make some kind of comment about lunchtime quickies now that Keith is closer to home. ;o) Congrats on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lego Club sounds like it would be so popular!

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!