Monday, March 10, 2014

1997

Everything happens for a reason.

In 1997, many things happened that would change the course of my life.  My parents and sister moved to Dallas, leaving me behind in Colorado with my soon to be ex-husband.  My friend Denise would leave her husband because I caught him cheating on her in the backseat of her car in a bar parking lot and my future husband was in near fatal accident.



Keith lived and took inventory of his life, deciding that he wanted a wife and a family.  My friend Denise would move to Denver and work at a collection agency.   My sister would move back to Denver.  

This resulted in Denise convincing me to leave my husband and move to Denver to take a job at the collection agency and Bobbi letting me move in with her and Keith and I finding each other on eHarmony.  

Fate.  Miracles......

Two weeks ago, my friend Denise passed away.  It has brought up all kinds of memories and sadness because at one time, she knew me the best.  And she saved my life.

I hope Robert and Denise have found each other and have have a dance party in heaven.  




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Connie. I, too, hope Robert and Denise are partying up there, and hopefully keeping a watchful eye out for you, Keith, and the kids. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I am so sorry. I saw the picture on instagram (or was it fb?) but hadn't seen this post with the rest of the story here. She was an amazing friend it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete

I love you. You are my best friend! Your hair looks fantastic today!